A new shower door is one of the most economical and practical approach to refresh your bathroom. Whether you are looking for your new bathroom or to renovate your old one, you need to find the perfect set of glass shower doors. Although a simple shower curtain may be sufficient, glass shower doors will add elegance, privacy and beauty to your bathroom.
The challenge comes in the form of not knowing where to begin with. Well, we are here for just that, to help you in choosing the right glass shower door. Let’s get started!
- Type of Shower Doors
First things first, here we are introducing you to different types of glass shower doors along with their key factors in terms of functionality, upkeep, available space, style and budget. Take a look:
- Sliding or bypass door – It consists of 2 or 3 panels that basically slides past each other on top and bottom tracks. These glass shower doors are the ideal choice for wide openings. As they take up least amount of space, they are commonly used in corner standalone showers or alcoves.
- Swing open or pivot door – These doors open outward form a single side and are installed in standalone shower spaces. They are usually installed with one or two fixed panels or are double hinged mounted so that they can swing both right or left, in and out.
- Frame or No Frame – There are framed, semi-frameless and frameless doors for you to choose from. Framed door are simple, cost effective and leaves your bathroom floor dry. Being thicker than framed doors, semi frameless doors are excellent at trapping steam and water. Frameless doors offer you aesthetics, are easier to clean along with being an expensive option.
- Type of Glass
There are several type of glass options available for you to choose from. Take a look here:
- Clear Glass – They gives an unobstructed view of the entire room and can make small space feel larger.
- Frosted Glass – They are textured and patterned glass providing you the complete privacy.
You can go for intricate glacial patterns and smoked bronze glass also depending upon your requirements.
- The Right Hardware
The next step is deciding on the type of hardware for your glass door. Here, you have to choose the fixtures also that you would like to add to the shower door. You have the option to choose from aluminium and brass like materials. Make sure that the material match the other fixtures of your bathroom and makes it look more beautiful.
You can finally decide on the finishes and measure the shower enclosure. Hopefully these tips will help you in finding the right glass shower doors for your bathroom. If you are looking for the perfect shower door, contact us as we have a vast number of glass shower door options to adorn bathroom.