In the past, you probably had a shower or bathtub with a shower curtain in your bathroom. Then you upgraded to a framed shower screen. Later you thought: A frameless shower screen would certainly enhance the look of our bathroom. How about it? Shower screens have come a long way. So if you want a sleek modern look to your bathroom, get a frameless shower screen.
Here are some basic need-to-know considerations for Frameless Shower Screens:
- Modern Looking – Let’s be honest, frameless shower screens look outstanding. You will find frameless shower screens in many 5 star hotels and brand new luxury apartments. Clear glass panels will make your bathroom look spacious and beautiful.
- Thicker Glass –Frameless shower screens use thicker glass as it does not have the structural benefit of metal framing. Glass is usually about 10mm thick.
- Heavy – A 50 inch wide x 78 inches high frameless fixed panel may weigh as much as 150 pounds. Framed shower screens are usually light as the glass is not as thick.
- Expensive –If you do your research, you will find that frameless glass shower screens are much more expensive than framed shower screens.
- Easier to Clean –Solid sheet of glass which has no framing makes it easier and quicker to clean.
- Difficult to Install –Due to the heavyweight the toughened safety glass, care must be taken to ensure that is securely installed. It is best to leave it to a professional.
· Left or Right Opening? – Most frameless shower screens are reversible so you can have left or right openings, unless otherwise stated. Check the specifications to make sure or consult a professional shower door installer.