Choosing a shower door is not the easiest task. Is it better to go with a pivot door, a sliding door or get rid of the door entirely and do a walk in shower? In the article below learn what a pivoting door is, its advantages, disadvantages and options.
What is a pivoting hinged door- This shower door opens outward into the bathroom? It is available in very cost effective framed designs up to high end luxury frameless designs in multiple sizes and glass types.
- Can accommodate larger openings- This fact can be especially important for higher end luxury showers.
- Increased Safety-Since the openings can be designed larger it can be safer for those with mobility challenges.
- No track at the bottom of the door-With sliding doors there is often a track at the bottom of the door – with a pivot shower door you can eliminate this track.
- High end luxury designs are available-Using thicker frameless glass in a pivoting door will fit in a high end home.
- Not well suited to small bathrooms- Since the door opens outward, it is not generally the best choice for smaller spaces.
- Some water may get on the floor when it’s opened-After shower water may spill out onto the floor when the door is opened.
There are a good number of options available in hinged shower doors. The doors are available in framed, semi-frameless to completely frameless. If you’re looking for increased privacy an obscure glass pattern will work best – if you want to show off intricate stone or tile designs in a luxury shower a clear glass door will be preferred option.